Monday 3 November 2008

Image.



This is my student model, Nathan Madsen. This was the best picture of the several that I took and I think that this image will work well on my magazine cover, as Nathan is looking straight at the camera, like on the other covers that I have looked at, which is a common convention to involve the audience. He is smiling in this picture which shows that he is having fun at college. The 'thumbs up' pose is used to show that college is good and even if the reader is having a hard time, things will get better for them.

The background of the picture is quite plain, and there is only a pile of books on a cabinet in the mise-en-scene. I chose to take the picture like this because I wanted to use the figure as the main feature to attract the audience.

No comments: