Tuesday 10 February 2009

Finished contents page


I had to alter and change my contents page many times before getting to this stage and being happy with my work.

The word 'contents' uses the same style font and colour as the masthead on the front cover which creates continuity. Use of the same colour scheme enhances this. I wrote a list of contents down the left hand side, with band names in bold so that they will be instantly noticeable to the reader.

I placed two small images onto a red rectangle shape to the right of the page with another red strip on the left to frame the text. I placed black borders around the images to make them stand out on the red and I wrote captions underneath, which is a convention of music magazines.
The pictures feature Jaceon and Alex, the drummer of Struck By Lighting, as both of these are the main features of the issue. I edited and cropped the images before placing them on the page.

I also used the buzz word technique again in the top right corner of the page, advertising a competition to win Jaceon merchandise later in the magazine which gives them an extra reason to read it.

No comments: